Iowa woman has seen enough of Obama


Iowa woman has seen enough of Obama
Buzz up!Like this story? Share it with Yahoo! Buzz
A 78-year-old Iowa woman is so tired of seeing President Obama on TV that she is selling her TV sets, the Daily Times Herald in Carroll reports.

Deloris Nissen of Carroll claims in a $5.50 classified ad she placed in the paper that she is selling two TVs because she is tired of seeing "Obama on every channel and station."

The retired nurses' aide told the newspaper she could accept seeing Obama on TV from time to time, but that she believes he is overexposed.

"I thought, my gosh, does he ever stay at the White House?" said Nissen, who added that she changes the channel whenever Obama appears. "I have the remote real handy. I have the batteries. I'm ready for him."

Nissen, who said she voted for GOP candidate Sen. John McCain in November, told the Daily Times Herald she is not worried about criticism. "I'm an old lady, and I don't care," she said.

(Item contributed by USA TODAY intern Blair Brettschneider. Photo by Getty Images)

Posted by John Bacon at 03:36 PM/ET, July 30, 2009 in Human interest, Offbeat, Politics, Television | Permalink

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unhinged from Reality