Gift Frustration



I love giving gifts, so when a bunch of my co-workers (or their significant other) became pregnant I made some adorable booties for one. They where loved so much, that another co-worker, whom I don’t really know at all said she just had to have some. My list was growing longer by the second, I didn’t really want to make them, but I have a hard time saying no and she offered to pay for them. I have decided to charge her $30. I have yet to tell her this, so hopefully she goes along with it, since she just had to have them.
My problem is that when I started to try and make the Just Ducky (http://www.p2designs.com/images/patterns/set-ducky.html) set for a co-worker who I do know, I couldn’t get my gage right. The first hat I made was big enough for me to wear, I ripped it out. The second one I made was so small that a preemie would be hard pressed to wear it. I decided to ignore that fact and start on the flipper shaped booties, they where enormous. I gave up, tore everything out and am toying with the idea of making an odd shaped stuffed animal, that way if I mess up the gage no one will know but me!
I need to finish these two projects as soon as possible though, because if I don’t start on my Christmas list of gifts, they will never be done for Christmas! So in the future, I have decided that I am not making co-workers gifts anymore, unless they are paying for them or very special friends out side of work as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unhinged from Reality

Owl Baby Vest by Jodi Haraldson